Introduction to this Statement
This Privacy statement relates to this website together with any associated software applications or devices.
You should read this statement carefully as it contains important information about how we will use your information. Protecting your security and privacy is important to us and we make every effort to secure your information and maintain your confidentiality in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Legislation. The website is protected by various levels of security technology, designed to protect your information from any unauthorised or unlawful access, processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
We may update this statement from time to time in accordance with Data Protection Law.
The terms ‘us’ or ‘we’ refer to Cymdeithas Gofal the Care Society, the owner of the site. We are a Charity registered with the Charities Commission (No. 1143732) and a Company limited by guarantee, registered with Companies House (No.07628816). Our registered office is at 21 Terrace Road, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23 1NP. The term ‘you’ refers to the individual submitting information to this site.
Data Protection Law
We will process all personal information we collect from you in line with the seven principles of the Data Protection Act not only because we have a legal duty to but because we think it makes good business practice and helps us to know our customers better and protect their information more securely.
In order to do this, we follow the seven Principles of Data Protection Act which states the data we process must be:
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency
- Purpose limitation
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
- Accurate and up to date
- Not kept for longer than is necessary
- Processed in line with your rights
- Responsible for, and be able to demonstrate compliance with Data Protection Law.
What personal data do we collect?
You may give us information about yourself by completing inquiry forms on the website or by requesting, via the website, that we send you information or wish us to contact you, etc.
The information you give us may include your name, email address, address/location, phone number, specific details, etc. We will retain this information while we are corresponding with you or providing services to you or to a individual you represent. We will retain this information in line with our retention policy.
We may collect the following information from you when you visit the website, post comments or use contact forms:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the website (including date and time), website errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information and any phone number used to call our helpline
We retain this information in line with data protection principles and our retention policy . We do not use the information submitted or collected for marketing purposes. Email inquiries sent via the website will go to email@example.com for distribution to the relevant department. We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purposes of provision of services, quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance purposes. Any information that we receive through such monitoring and communication will be confidential.
Use of Information
Cymdeithas Gofal The Care Society may use the information we receive and/or collect about you to:
- Fulfil our obligations under any contract that we have entered into with you or with a Individual that you represent, and to provide you or the relevant Individual with information or services that you or the Individual has requested
- Send you information if you have requested or consented to us doing so
- Notify you of products and services that we feel may interest you
- Monitor website usage (for example, use of Google Analytics) and provide statistics to third parties for the purposes of improving and developing the website and the services we provide via the website
We process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all the following:
- Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve the website, its services or communications
- To identify and prevent fraud
- To enhance the security of the network and information systems
- To better understand how people interact with the website
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns
If you are an individual, this section sets out your legal rights in respect of any of your Personal Data that we are holding and/or processing. If you wish to exercise any of your legal rights you should put your request in writing to us giving us enough information to identify you and respond to your request.
You have the right (subject in some cases to the payment of a small fee) to request information about Personal Data that we may hold and/or process about you, including: whether or not we are holding and/or processing your Personal Data; the extent of the Personal Data we are holding; and the purposes and extent of the processing
You have the right to have any inaccurate information we hold about you to be corrected and/or updated. If any of this information needs changing or if you become aware of any inaccuracies in such information, please let us know in writing with the change, correction or update required.
You have the right in certain circumstances to request that we delete all Personal Data we hold about you (the ‘right of erasure’). Please note that this right of erasure is not available in all circumstances, for example, where we need to retain the Personal Data for legal compliance purposes. If this is the case we will let you know.
You have the right in certain circumstances to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data, for example where the Personal Data is inaccurate or where you have objected to the processing
You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to have it provided in a structured format suitable for you to be able to transfer it. Please note that the right to data portability is only available in some circumstances. If you request the right to data portability and it is not available to you we will let you know.
Where we are processing your Personal Data, you have the right, based on your particular situation, to object to such processing. If so, we shall stop processing your Personal Data unless we can demonstrate sufficient and compelling legitimate grounds for continuing the processing, which overrides your own interests.
Third Party Websites
This Policy aims to provide you with all relevant details about how we process your information in a concise, transparent and intelligible form, using clear and plain language. If you have any difficulty in reading or understanding this Policy, or if you would like this Policy in another format (for example large print, etc.), please get in touch with us.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep this Policy under regular review and may change it from time to time. If we change this Policy we will post the changes on this page, and place notices on other pages of the Website as applicable, so that you may be aware of the information we collect and how we use it at all times.
How to contact us
Cymdeithas Gofal The Care Society,
21 Terrace Road,