Care Society Support Services Overview
Tenancy Support Services
The Care Society provide housing and tenancy related support throughout Ceredigion to enable homeless and potentially homeless people to acquire the skills and resources they need to sustain a tenancy. Funded by Supporting People, the aim of the service is to help people to live successfully and independently in settled accommodation within their community.
Who do we support?
- Single people
- Families and their dependent children
- People housed in temporary accommodation
- People with physical disabilities
- Young people leaving the care system
How do we Support people?
We provide one-to-one support with a dedicated support worker either in our offices across Ceredigion or at a service user’s home.
We aim to:
- Enable and empower people to cope with problems affecting their lives;
- Support people to maintain their tenancies independently and/or resettlement advice in order to move to more appropriate accommodation, including liaison with landlords, viewings, social housing applications, etc.;
- Help service users develop skills that will help them cope better with daily living tasks
- Provide general guidance, advice and support to improve confidence and self esteem;
- Help and advise people regarding budgeting and debt management, with the aim of maximising income and welfare benefits;
- Support people to ensure they feel safe and secure in their home;
- Provide assistance to access employment, training, education and volunteering opportunities;
- Help and support for people in their relationships and promotion of good parenting skills.
Referrals can be self-referrals using the Care Society contact details below. You can also call in at our offices in Aberystwyth or Cardigan as well as via the Supporting People Team in Ceredigion Council Social Services. If you know someone who you think needs our support you can also enquire about getting support for them.
Crisis Support Service
Here at The Care Society our focus is on helping people remain in their homes, whatever their circumstances.
We have a dedicated Social Lettings Housing Support Worker based in the main Aberystwyth office who is available for one-to-one crisis support whenever that might be needed. We can offer assistance with arrears, benefits, assessments, housing, welfare, domestic violence, eviction, deposits and rent advances, household goods, etc. or you may just need help with a little push in the right direction.
If you need our help, please call into the office at 21 Terrace Road or call 07790 988599
Crisis Support is available to both existing Care Society tenants and members of the public.
Bespoke Packages of Care
Through the Social Services Innovation Partnership, The Care Society provide Bespoke Packages of Care to individuals across Ceredigion. The purpose of this support is to improve the outcomes and wellbeing of people with care and support needs. These contracts are designed to cater for each persons individual requirements. The people who are supported through these contracts are vulnerable due to circumstances or conditions and fall within the categories below:
- learning disabilities
- mental health problems;
- Physical and mobility issues;
- Old age and infirmity
If you have a specific query then please use the contact details below.